This week's study exercise was to summarise Ephesians 1:15-23 in one sentance:
I thank God for you and pray you will know his glory, shown in Christ who rules all things.
The meditations for this week are looking at the discipline of simplicity. Richard Foster's book has ten sugestions:
- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
- Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
- Develop a habit of giving things away.
- Refuse to be propagandized by custodians of modern gadgetry.
- Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
- Devlop a deeper appreciation for creation.
- Look with healthy skepticism at "buy now, pay later" schemes.
- Obey Jesus' instructions about plain, honest speech.
- Reject anything that breeds oppression in others.
- Shun anything that distracts you from seeking first the kingdom of God.
That's a hard set of suggestions. I'm not there yet.