My novel is at 50,000 words, another few scenes and it'll be done. I think I'm taking tomorrow off.
Grateful thanks to:
- The excellent cheerleading team, both online and offline (Hubby, Rox, Carrie, Shirl, Jan the Warrior Knitter, Rose Black, and NaNo St Louis).
- Godiva chocolate, for my ten thousand word bribe.
- Stephen King, for my halfway bribe "On Writing."
- Hubby, for the reality check, and for preventing another car accident. Three car incidents were enough.
- The Fold, for making Socks that Rock yarn as my finishing bribe.
- Fred, for interesting roommate stories.
- Dave, for telling me about the Prius.
- Sherri's cat Truman, for the half-a-tail story.
- Rox, for telling me about Caz Novak.
- Royal Surrey Hospital of Guildford, for not letting me die in 1996.
- Apple, for making the PowerBook I used, and for the Pages program.
- My trusty thumb drive (aka "that silver thing").
- Skacel, for stress relief knitting on the Trampoline Tiger socks.
- California Pizza Kitchen, Priyaa Indian Buffet, House of India, Applebees, and other restaurants for meals along the way.
- Barnes and Noble for hosting the Sunday write-ins (now with added duct tape for the trailing cables).
- Larry at Starbucks, for hosting the Saturday write-ins.
- Chris Baty, for being crazy enough to think you could write a novel in a month. You really can.