I haven't done a Friday Five for ages, but I like the look of this one.
- How long have you had a weblog?
Since January 10th 2002
- What was your first post about?
Whether the people I was teaching HTML and web design would like blogs for their embryonic sites, and how it all worked.
- How many changes (name, location, etc.) of your weblog have there been, if more than one?
I went through three name changes in a week, then stuck with Quantum Rose, which was the name of my web site, until I found a book by the same name. Finally I settled on Quantum Tea. I think it's unique.
- What content management system do you use? Do you like it or do you want to try something else?
I use a program called Blog, which is improving with each release. I want to be using Chronicle, and I will as soon as I finish writing the thing. Chronicle is a 100% Java blog management thingy, with data stored in a local hsql database. To publish, entries are extracted from the database as XML files, and a custom XSL transform is used to turn them into HTML. Haven't got uploading or archiving done yet, but it works as a standalone diary program already.
- Do you read people who have both a journal and a weblog? Or do you prefer to read people who have all of their writing in one central place?