Your software project might have a QA if...
Some of these are mine, some I lifted from the company Slack channel for Quality Advocacy.
- You're used to finding Cyrillic or Greek or Mandarin in the database
- There's code in place to stop you copying War and Peace into the app multiple times
- You know how the system reacts with 10 users, or 50, or 500, or 5000
- Your developers know what happened in Europe between 4th and 15th October 1582
- You have client-side and server-side data validation
- This conversation: "But why would you even do that?" "Because there was nothing to stop me."
- You know when Daylight Savings Time starts in Australia
- Names and addresses make you nervous
- Your app looks stunning with the colors reversed
- You know how to close your h3 tags
- You fear what will happen to everything run by computers in January of 2038
- Your app survives a genuine DDoS attack in production and everyone shrugs because "she's done worse to us in dev."