An almost finished pair of socks. I used the Rolling Thunder pattern from Knitty, but skipped the beading, and Lizardman yarn. The hem is by far my favourite part of the sock, all tidy and squishy soft, feels wonderful on. The pattern used a grafted toe, which I'm still not 100% happy with, but it's good enough. And the yarn! Love the colours, very soft, and made as a special order. The photo doesn't show the colours well, but you get the idea.
Doing the hem requires a provisional cast-on, picking up those stitches, and knitting them together with another row. The best way I found for the hem was to put the first half of the picked up stitches on a stitch holder, and the second half on a piece of spare yarn, transferring them to a stitch holder when you're done with the first half. It's well worth the effort.
Yarn: Lizardman fingering weight from Twisted's etsy shop
Gauge: 9 st/in
Pattern: Modified Rolling Thunder from Knitty (Winter 2006 edition)