In 2011 I knit:
- 6 pairs of socks (all my own designs)
- 3 neck-warmer scarves (one from unspun silk hankies)
- 2 shawls (Larix and Citron)
- 4 toys (two bats, a hedgehog and a bunny)
- 2 lace scarves (both knitspot designs, Butternut and an unblocked Aria Delicata)
- 2 tops (Eris, still waiting for a zip, and a Dew Point shrug)
- 1 washcloth and one mouth guard holder
That's a total of 21 finished objects, which is pretty good. I taught two people how to knit, which I love doing.
In the last week, I've made five Celtic Star pendants, three Celtic Visions bracelets, and two Helm chain flowers, plus a bunch of short practice pieces of Box chain, Byzantine chain, and Full Persian chain. I have plans to make other chainmail bracelets, since the only bracelets that fit me well are ones I make myself. Manipulating dozens of small wire jump rings into shapes is like building a three dimensional jigsaw, and you end up with curiously mobile piece of jewellery.
In November I wrote 58000 words on a novel which turned out to be book #2 of a trilogy, book #1 being my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel. I'm not quite finished yet, though I'm working on the last three chapters and I can see the end from here. The final book of the trilogy will be written next year, possibly for NaNoWriMo.
I changed job this year, leaving a company I've been with for nearly seven years. Not an easy decision to make, but I'm loving the new company. Got my green belt in Kenpo and started working on 3rd degree Brown Belt techniques. Brown belt is the first of the advanced level belts and the tests get more difficult now. Also you're no longer allowed to have people watch your test unless they're above you in rank.