- Grace - a subversive value! Giving people more than they deserve.
- Hope - not a guarantee of immunity from harm but a conviction that God is always present
- Faith - the means to real depth in relationships of all kinds
- Love - means to love the unlovely
- Justice - for all (not 'just-me'). A concept biased in favour of the disadvantaged.
- Joy - impossible to legislate for this but an essential social value
- Service - meaning is found in service rather than self-centredness
- Peace- not just the absence of fighting but positive well-being
Hope gets me. We expect an immunity from harm. Harm is bad, God is good, therefore God will stop the harm. Simple logic, but wrong.