The Friday Five. It's been a busy weekend.
- If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose?
Define famous. I would love to sit down with God and find out once and for all how the heck Quantum Mechanics and turbulence work, why the duck billed platypus was built the way it was, and what I'm supposed to be doing here.
When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first.
(Attributed to Werner Heisenberg, Horace Lamb, and Albert Einstein. Who actually said this?)
- Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel?
The Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother died on Saturday 30th March 2002. I'm not a Royalist, but she was the national Grandmother of Britain, you couldn't dislike her, and now she's gone. There's a hole in the Monarchy where she used to be.
- If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose?
Someone who lives in a country I haven't been to yet. Not an explorer, I hate not knowing where I am. Maybe Marie Curie, but without the radiation poisoning. I don't think I want to be famous.
- Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who?
No-one famous. I've been told I look French, and there's one memorable occasion when I was described as a "dark and sultry beauty" by a Messianic Jewish Anglican minister. I look like me.
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
When I was a small enough child to be carried on Dad's shoulders, Princess Diana came to the Suffolk show, and I was within smiling distance. I waved.