I am hurrying to finish the Boudica socks before the novelling madness starts on November 1st. One is complete, the second is at the gusset increases. I have learned a LOT from this pattern:
- Starting toe-up by knitting a flap and picking up stitches
- Correct way to do m1b and m1f without leaving holes
- Short row heel turning on a heel flap sock
- A new way to do 1x1 cabling
- How to do a horizontal braid
This is my first pair of socks with superwash BFL yarn, and I like it. It smells sheepy, has a little sheen, and feels soft and strong, which is partly down to the 9.5st/in gauge.