Yes, the web site has been down most of the day. No, it's not my fault, but I am assured it's fixed now.
The Friday Five. Wow, that's two weeks in a row!
- What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
Good old Norman stock, came over with the rest of the invaders in 1066. Technically, that makes me French, but I try not to think about it. I'm a many generational Brit now, honest. Mother's family has a big thing about heritage, far as I'm concerned, I'm just another mongrel Brit.
- Of those countries, which would you most like to visit?
If I could claim Icelandic heritage by association, I'd be off to Reykjavik as soon as Olof and Snorri get a new house.
- Which would you least like to visit? Why?
I've never really wanted to go to France. Partly the snails, partly the state of disrepair my French skills are in, and partly because, well, it's France. They put their nuclear power stations on the north coast, which conveniently put them closer to London than Paris.
- Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
Yes, hide the Union Jack flag on July 4th.
- Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
Me and hubby.