Finished the Jayne Cobb hat for Hubby:
The scraps of yarn are all that's left of the Wool of the Andes, most of it went into the pompom. This is one of the scariest things I've ever knit. I made the ear flaps in Fisherman's rib, and it looks decent. I'm not going to wear one though. I based it off the Superfly pattern. Attaching pompoms is harder than I thought, but I think I got the thing anchored.
I know for a fact there will be at least three of these things on Sept 30th at Serenity opening night, because Timothy is knitting one for himself and I have an order for another one. Hat #2 is going to be made from Reynolds Lopi, so it'll knit up faster.