BBC News: IT stresses 'driving UK to drink'. Interesting article, but it's about stress in general, not IT woes. What caught my eye was this list:
DPP's Tips For Dealing With Stress
- Live a healthy lifestyle
- Don't take too much on
- Decide what causes you stress and change it
- Avoid unnecessary conflict
- Manage your time better
- Practice saying "no" without feeling guilty
- Take time out to "recharge your batteries"
- Talk about problems so they do not get out of proportion
- Make time to see friends
- Do not use alcohol, nicotine, or caffeine to cope with stress
DPP is a UK charity, Developing Patient Partnerships. They polled a thousand people to find out causes of stress. It's a good list, managing my time by getting an organiser and actually using it was a huge relief.