I love November because that's when NaNoWriMo happens and we write novels together. I love the camaraderie, the intensity, the goals, the notes, the team challenges. I love having a story at the end of it. There are 50 days until NaNoWriMo 2012. Scared yet?
Days til NaNoWriMo|
Fifty days for me to:
- pick a notebook for scribbling ideas into.
- hit a coffee shop for some serious brain-storming.
- turn my grain of an idea into enough of an outline to sustain writing two thousand words a day about it.
- figure out what my main character wants and how to ensure he or she doesn't get it.
- assemble reference pictures for my cast of characters.
- find the reference articles and web pages I will need.
- put my notes into Scrivener.
- find the Travelling Shovel of Death in time for our St Louis launch party.
There's a whole bunch of people I almost never see outside of NaNoWriMo, and more who have become year-round friends and fiends. Couldn't do this without them, wouldn't want to try.
Bring it on NaNoWriMo 2012, I'll be ready for you!